Starting an online business can be exciting, but it’s also challenging. You need to find ways to stand out from your competitors, particularly in the eyes of potential customers and clients who have already so many options available to them from other companies with similar products or services as yours.
However, there are plenty of things you can do to make your business more visible and appealing, like the seven tips below.
1) Have your own website
In today’s digital world, it’s more important than ever to have a website for your business. Not only does it give you a place to showcase your products and services, but it also allows you to reach a wider audience.
Here are seven ways to make sure your website stands out from the rest
- Don’t just focus on what you sell – be transparent about how you’re selling it.
- Provide samples so people can see what they’re buying before they buy it.
- Show people how much time and effort goes into making their purchase (ex: a video of the manufacturing process).
- Put photos on social media of customers enjoying their purchases.
- Use testimonials or reviews from satisfied customers on your site or in-store if possible.
- Add a blog with original content and insights about your industry.
- Ask people for feedback when appropriate – don’t wait until after someone has already bought something to ask them how they liked it!
Email newsletters are a great way to keep in touch with your customers and let them know about new products, special offers, and events.
- Keep it short and sweet. The shorter the better!
- Include an image that speaks to the theme of the post (perhaps something from the post itself).
- Incorporate links throughout your post that point back to related content on your site or blog. These links will help readers explore other posts you have written as well as provide them with valuable information from outside sources.
For example, if you mention Twitter in your post, include a link to their website. Readers can then find more information on how they can use Twitter and what they should do if they’re ever having trouble using it.
Social media is a great way to connect with potential and current customers. But if you’re not regularly updating your accounts, you’re missing out on opportunities to engage with your audience.
Here are seven ways to make sure your online business stands out -Update social media accounts regularly: Social media is a great way to connect with potential and current customers. But if you’re not regularly updating your accounts, you’re missing out on opportunities to engage with your audience.
Create content that’s unique: Content that can’t be found anywhere else will always stand out because it helps establish an emotional connection between the company and the customer.
Build relationships with influencers: There are many people who have large audiences who may be interested in what you offer. Find them and see if they want to collaborate or simply share your content on their channels. You’ll both benefit from the relationship!
Reach out directly to journalists who cover similar topics: Journalists love companies that know how to take initiative and create quality content for them before they even think of it themselves.
A banner or avatar is one of the first things potential customers will see when they come across your business online. You want to make sure it’s attractive and inviting, so they’ll want to learn more about what you do.
- Use bright colors
- Keep it simple
- Incorporate the name of your company into the design
- Take advantage of creative commons images (e.g., Flickr) – there are many free resources available with copyright-free images that you can use in your design.
- Think outside the box – use some humor or something unique to catch people’s attention.
- Be consistent – make sure all social media accounts, websites, and blogs have similar graphics to maximize brand recognition.
- Pay attention to detail – pick something that speaks specifically to your audience but also reflects who you are as a person.
For example, if you’re a female graphic designer, consider using pink in your branding instead of black and white! The key is to be original and convey your personality. Consider working with a professional designer if you’re not confident in your abilities. In the end, it pays off by making it easier for others to find out more about you.
5) Use keywords in the headline
If you want your online business to succeed, you need to make it stand out from the rest.
Here Are Seven Ways To Do Just That:
- Use keywords in the headline – Keywords will help people find your website in search engines and social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
- Create a catchy header image – It should be at least 1200×800 pixels, ideally larger for better visual impact. You can use a tool like Canva to create one or find one on sites like Unsplash or Pixabay. The best way to get ideas is by browsing around Pinterest.
- Create a professional-sounding email address – I recommend using your company name followed by the word online (ex: Mike’s Painting Company Online).
- Promote yourself with an informative bio and profile picture – A clear bio is important so people know who you are and what they can expect from following you.
- Share links to other articles – Including related posts helps build your credibility.
- Don’t forget YouTube videos! They’re a great way to showcase how your product works.
- Use short paragraphs and bullet points – this makes it easier for readers to quickly scan the page for information about their interests.
Using relevant words in these places will give users an idea of what your content is about before they click through to read more. This means more clicks and fewer bounce rates for your website, which means success for your online business.
6) Write content that other people would find useful
- Keep your website design simple and user-friendly.
- Use high-quality images that are relevant to your business.
- Write compelling and interesting content that will engage your readers.
- Promote your business through social media and other online channels.
- Make sure your website is responsive and mobile-friendly.
You don’t want people having a bad experience on your site just because they’re using their phone or tablet! If you have an email list, give them something of value in exchange for their contact information. Share the blog post with them via email as well.
Stay active on all of your social media channels and use hashtags that are specific to what you do so people can find you more easily.
7) Add a call-to-action everywhere you can
You want potential customers to take action when they see your business, whether that’s signing up for a newsletter, buying a product, or anything else. So make sure you include a call-to-action (CTA) on every page of your website.
A CTA could be as simple as Clicking here to learn more or Adding to the cart. But the most effective CTAs are often images with clear directions about what you should do next, such as an image of a person holding their credit card to show how to buy something online.
You can use CTAs in email marketing too by including them in your signature and anywhere else where it makes sense. When people open an email from you, the first thing they see is your name followed by a sentence like Sign up for my weekly newsletter! Learn more about me here. I’m also happy to talk about any ideas you have for future blog posts in the comments below!